The application period for the 2020–2021 year of Art21 Educators is now closed. Subscribe to our monthly education newsletter for the latest updates on the Art21 Educators program.
2020–2021 Program Information
Summer Institute Location
The Summer Institute will be based at Teachers College, Columbia University. However, sessions occur around the city at various spaces. Please note that educators will be expected to travel around New York City for program events.
Summer Institute Dates
Monday, July 6, 2020, to Saturday, July 11, 2020
Art21 tries to make the process of staying in New York City as seamless as possible for visiting teachers by booking a set of rooms for attendees. Applicants should indicate on their application whether they would like to stay in Art21’s housing or find housing on their own. Payment for housing will be collected in advance of the Institute.
In addition to housing, attendees should plan for additional expenses such as meals, transportation, and entertainment.
Art21 Educator Application Tips
- Time. Take the time to consider and answer written questions attentively and create a video biography representative of you. To have a competitive application, please give yourself adequate time to complete the required tasks.
- Edit. Proper spelling and grammar are essential. Proofread applications with a clear voice illustrate the applicant’s interest in and commitment to the program.
- Lesson Plan. As with the larger written application, when you submit a unit or lesson plan, please check those documents for spelling and grammatical errors. If submitting any additional links, please check that links open or documents download properly.
- Be creative! Create a unique video that avoids cliches and gives us a sense of who you are and why you want to participate in Art21 Educators.
- Edit. Videos that are thoughtful, reviewed, and clearly showcase the applicant’s personality and voice will be prioritized.
- Check your links. Before and after sending your videos, please check that the links work properly. While we attempt to contact applicants whose videos do not work, this cannot be guaranteed. Please test your links before submitting your application.