Questions? See FAQs. Need more info? Email us at education [AT] art21 [DOT] org. Join our Education email list to be notified about future updates.
2023–2024 Program Information
Summer Institute Location
The Summer Institute will occur in New York City.* However, sessions occur around the city at various spaces. Please note that educators will be expected to travel around New York City for program events.
*Art21 will monitor pandemic developments and make adjustments as needed, including switching to a virtual Summer Institute if necessary.
Summer Institute Dates
Monday, July 10, 2023, to Saturday, July 15, 2023
Art21 Educator Application Tips
- Time. Take the time to consider and answer written questions attentively and create a video biography representative of you. To have a competitive application, please give yourself adequate time to complete the required tasks. Download the application worksheet to plan your answers in advance.
- Edit. Proper spelling and grammar are essential. Proofread applications with a clear voice illustrate the applicant’s interest in and commitment to the program.
- Lesson Plan. As with the larger written application, when you submit a unit or lesson plan, please check those documents for spelling and grammatical errors. If submitting any additional links, please check that links open or documents download properly.
- Be creative! Create a unique video that avoids cliches and gives us a sense of who you are and why you want to participate in Art21 Educators.
- Edit. Videos that are thoughtful, reviewed, and clearly showcase the applicant’s personality and voice will be prioritized.
- Check your links. Before and after sending your videos, please check that the links work properly. While we attempt to contact applicants whose videos do not work, this cannot be guaranteed. Please test your links before submitting your application.