Art21 is seeking a temporary full time production coordinator to assist in the full range of Art21’s programming and production activities. Working closely with the Art21 production and curatorial staff and other freelance industry professionals, the job is an invaluable opportunity to develop skills in all facets of documentary production, with a strong focus on post-production. Position also affords the possibility of taking a creative role in original content production.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, be able to work successfully in a collaborative environment, and professionally committed to video production. Art21 is looking for a candidate with one to two years of professional production experience, especially around post-production tools and workflows. Strong interest in contemporary art is a plus.
Candidates should have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects), MS Office apps, Google apps, FileMaker Pro or like database apps, and camera proprietary media management apps. Knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro is also helpful.
Position would run from Summer 2017 to Summer 2018.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits provided.
- General hands-on post-production support including media ingest, project organization, database management, export and transcription creation, and supervision of freelance assistant editors.
- Overall supervision of Art21 digital media management and in-house post-production infrastructure, ensuring storage capacity and internal best practices are met. Also includes the long term archiving of all original production assets.
- Research and make recommendations for new post technologies and workflows.
- Directly supervise the post-production and delivery of the Art in the Twenty-First Century PBS broadcast project, including directly supporting editors, communicating and scheduling with outside vendors, and managing artwork animation and motion graphics.
- Manage third party image/footage acquisition and clearance.
- Manage film festival submissions.
- Broadcast project production support including basic remote shoot producing and on-location production assistance as needed.
- Local field production support as opportunities arise, including audio operating (will train in audio production basics).
- Supervise new podcast initiative, including developing production and delivery workflows, scheduling, and editorial support.
- Support Digital team in creation of supplementary online assets—re-editing for social media, generating video playlists—and other original digital content creation as opportunities arise.
- Create and manage documentary subject tracking system, including regular research into subjects.
- Production and organizational administrative duties as they arise.
Send a CV, cover letter and salary requirements to production [at] art21.org.