Development and Administrative Coordinator
Art21 seeks an organized, dedicated Development and Administrative Coordinator (DAC) with 1–2 years of experience and exceptional communication and problem solving skills to handle office duties, assist the Executive Director, and support the Development team. The DAC will assist with grant writing and reporting, perform office tasks, delivering or responding to mailings, and maintaining staff and donor records. The right candidate will also analyze office processes and policies for efficiency, be a creative problem solver, and support the Development team with event planning, donor outreach, fundraising campaigns, and more.
To succeed as Art21’s DAC you should be committed to providing attentive support for internal and external parties and ensuring consistent, efficient operations. You should be courteous, analytical, proactive, and organized. Attention to detail is a must. A passion for and knowledge of contemporary art preferred. This is a full-time position with an attractive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Process the organization’s financial income, including donations and earned income: enter data into the database (eTapestry), send acknowledgments, compile a bi-weekly income report for the accountant
- Manage the database: Create new accounts, update contact information, enter monetary support into the database or alter existing transactions, add back-up documents, communications and notes to journals
- Oversee the Art21 online store: With the help of the Development intern, process orders on a weekly basis, including shipping, entering transactions into the database, updating the inventory
- Work with the Associate Director of Individual Giving on the planning and execution of special events and membership programs, including communications, invitations and RSVPs, staffing and vendor relations, in-kind donations, and venue logistics
- Maintain Development calendar, keeping track of grant deadlines.
- Support the Development team with individual asks, grant applications and reports, and sponsorship proposals and decks
- Research individuals, foundations, corporations and identify new prospects or earned revenue streams
- Provide support for the spring and fall appeal solicitations: draft communications, manage merging, printing and mailing
- Assist the Executive Director with tasks, processing receipts, and travel plans including scheduling board meetings and compiling board documents
- Provide administrative support for the annual audit and internal tasks, such as taking staff meeting minutes and collecting activity reports
- Office management: Process and submit incoming bills, set up work spaces and electronic devices, manage inventory of office supplies, staff Metrocards, petty cash, press passes
- Collaborate with staff on outreach and announcements
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent people skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with non-profit database software (eTapestry preferred)
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Experience with Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) or equivalent word processing software
Please email resume with cover letter to jobs [at] art21.org, with the subject line “Development and Administrative Coordinator”.
All resumes should be submitted as PDFs, saved using the following filing naming template: “Your Last Name, Your First Name_Resume”.
All cover letters should be submitted as PDFs, saved using the following filing naming template: “Your Last Name, Your First Name_Cover Letter”.
Application deadline is May 31, 2019.