Last week, Mary Heilmann shared her studio process with the Telegraph, New York Times Magazine spent fifteen minutes with Ai Weiwei, and Laurie Anderson let us in on her ten favorite books. Also:
Events & exhibitions
- Thursday, June 30th | 6-8pm—Luhring Augustine is hosting an opening reception for their latest exhibition Shapeshifters, featuring Elizabeth Murray, Robert Mangold, and Richard Tuttle.
- Thursday, June 30th | 7-8pm—Carrie Mae Weems will be signing books at the Strand to promote her new book of photographs: The Kitchen Table Series.
- Brian Jungen’s solo exhibition opened last week at Casey Kaplan, where it will remain on view till July 29th.
- Blackness in Abstraction is on view at Pace Gallery until August 19th, and includes work by Season 3’s Fred Wilson and New York Close Up’s Rashid Johnson. [Read a review in the Wall Street Journal.]
- Works by Tala Madani and Lucas Blalock are included in a new exhibition on bodily humor at Hauser & Wirth, open till July 29th.
- Team Gallery’s exhibition Golden Eggs features Barbara Kruger and is on view till August 5th.
- The International Center of Photography’s latest exhibition Public, Private, Secret, open till January 8, 2017, features Cindy Sherman. [See a slideshow of included work or read an interview with the curator.]